The Paleo Diet Explained
The Paleo diet has been a buzz term in the health and fitness industry for quite some time now, but what does it involve, and can this approach help you create a healthy and sustainable diet? Read on to find out…
What is Paleo?
Put simply, Paleo is a caveman approach to eating. Anything processed is out, and natural foods are in. Paleo follows a ‘hunter gatherer’ style diet, which means you’ll be eating plenty of meat, fish, fruit and vegetables, nuts and seeds.
Many of those who follow a Paleo diet forget about counting calories and instead focus on providing their bodies with essential nutrients. Paleo is a simple approach to eating well, which delivers great results for the body, both aesthetically and for health purposes.
There are various benefits to following a Paleo diet. From health benefits to lifestyle improvements, many people have found Paleo works perfectly to suit their needs.
- This diet relies heavily on proteins, which can help develop and maintain lean muscle mass. The body works more efficiently with a higher muscle mass, and you actually burn calories at a faster rate making it easy to sustain a lean physique.
- Man-made fats and sugars are known to cause gut inflammation. Due to the fact that you won’t be eating processed foods and sugars, you will benefit from better gut health.
- The Paleo diet provides all of the nourishment that the body needs, due to the fact that you can eat a wide variety of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds and proteins. You will experience better over all health, and may even seen an improvement in your energy levels, mood and skin.
- It is easy to follow; the Paleo diet follows such simple guidelines that it makes sticking to it straight forward. There’s no calorie counting or weighing out portions, you just have to stick to eating all natural foods.
- You can lose weight, increase energy levels and boost overall health.
If you choose to follow this cave man approach to eating, it is important to consider why you are making these changes. The Paleo diet is not suitable for anyone looking for a quick fix, and should instead be a lifestyle, to follow for better over all health for the long term.
The key to sticking to your Paleo diet is to prepare in advance. Convince food is known as convenience for a reason; because it’s easy. There’s no excuse though, because just as it’s easy to grab a chocolate bar or a packet of crisps on the go, it’s also easy to grab an apple or a handful or carrot sticks. Meal prepping can save you from reaching for something unhealthy though. Set aside your Sunday afternoon to plan your meals for the week and prep as much as you can.
Paleo can offer a great approach to nutrition, that will help you get in great shape and leave you feeling better than ever before.
A great supplement to take along side the Paleo diet is our Raspberry Ketone Pure and Natural Cleanse Plus capsules. Users have seen increases in energy and less bloating when taking this course.